With winter setting in, replacing healthy drinks with comforting ones is easy. With this recipe, we bring the two to harmony. A deliciously spicy green tea that’s healthy, and delicious and keeps you extra toasty under the blanket.
With our award-winning Ganesha green tea as the key ingredient, this spiced-up brew is perfect for the winter season. This non-alcoholic brew packs an extra punch to an already flavorful organic green tea.
About the key ingredient: Ganesha Green
A promise of all good things to come, Ganesha Green is an ode to the people we were and the people we will become. It begins with an earthy grassy aroma and unfolds into seaweeds of sweetness that settle into a buttery smooth texture. This brew makes for a perfect over-the-balcony drink as the sun sets over the horizon.
So of course, we had to make it extra flavorful and spicy to ensure this brew holds up against the winter breeze.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- 1 star anise
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 clove
- Honey or agave nectar (optional, for sweetness)
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan or a kettle.
- Add cinnamon stick, ginger slice, star anise, cardamom pod, and clove to the saucepan.
- Let the spiced up water sit and cool for a few minutes. (Never add green tea to boiling water unless you want a cup full of bitter brew)
- Add a scoop (2-4 grams) of Ganesha Green to the same dish.
- Add the cooled water to the mug with all the spices.
- Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired strength.
- Use a slotted spoon or strainer, to pour out your spicy brew.
- If desired, sweeten the tea with honey or agave nectar to taste.
- Pour the tea into a mug and enjoy!
This green tea recipe is not only delicious but also healthy due to the antioxidant properties of green tea and the immune-boosting properties of the spices. With the possibility of a cold settling in, we hope this brew keeps you healthy and warm. The combination of cinnamon, ginger, star anise, cardamom, and clove adds a warm, aromatic flavor to the tea and can help to soothe cold and flu symptoms. Enjoy this tasty and healthy tea on a cold winter day!